During the last few years, there’s been a significant change in marketing tactics. We’ve seen the rise of inbound marketing as a philosophy underlying marketing efforts that attract customers’ interest rather than cause interruption.
Content PR: The extension of content marketing principles — the creation of compelling, relatable content — to the public relations practices to more effectively share an organization’s story, increase awareness and build audience interaction.
According to PR Newswire, content public relations is the extension of content marketing principles applied to PR. The core content marketing principles include:
- Understanding audience interests
- Creation of relevant and compelling content
- Deployment of that content in various formats and across different channels in order to reach audiences where they live
4 Shifts from Traditional PR to Content PR
- From episodic campaigns to ongoing presence
- From mass communication to reflecting the audience point of view in messaging
- From measuring push to measuring inbound pull
- From siloed marketing teams to an integrated marketing technology unit working toward business goals
Read PR Newswire’s full discussion of content PR strategy and tactics.